A website is a combination of front-end and back-end technology. The front end is responsible for creating a visual aspect of a website. But, behind a responsive and gorgeous front end is a robust back end. So, it is very important to create a robust and effective backend as much as frontend development to support a website.
The backend is actually the program to create the internal system that runs in the background. Actually, the backend supports the server side. Back-end programming simplifies the process of connecting the server, sending and receiving data from the server, etc. To do so, you must have an internet-enabled device and programming knowledge. You are ready with everything but still can not decide which one to choose between Node.js and Python.
In this article, we will talk about which one is the best technology between Node.js vs. Python, and why you should consider using them. So, let’s start!
Why should we use Node.js?
Node.js is a widely used backend application for server-side programming, non-blocking, event-driven server of backend API services, etc. You need node.js to develop your angular app and give you the npm tool(Node Package Manager) to download libraries and packages for angular. Also,
- Node.js has the V8 engine of Google. That is why node.js will receive extra benefits in building web apps.
- It has a single-threaded asynchronous nature. So, it can easily scale and process the data of real-time communication.
- It has cross-platform support. So, you can build web apps for any OS with node.js.
- Node.js provides a fast, lightweight, native streaming API. This allows the users to pipe requests and stream to the final destination.
- Node.js code runs on both the browser and server. This allows the developers to easily code migration.
- Developers do not need to remember the syntax difference to combine the NoSQL database and Node.js.
- Node.js can function without any obstacle in data conversion for stored format in JSON.
- Node.js can be used as a proxy server for different services to find any solution from local development.
Why should we use Python?
Python is a high-level programming language. It is popular for its simplicity and elegant coding structure. Also, it is well utilized in scripting, development, and software testing. Let’s look at why we should use Python.
- Python has a simple syntax structure. So, it is easy to learn, understandable, and readable. So, new learners can easily learn and use it.
- Its wide range of libraries allows you to choose tools according to your perfect need. Each module also adds more functionality without writing additional code and thus makes the coding clean and precise.
- Developers can speed up web app development by using Python web frameworks. This also reduces the development cost significantly.
- Developers use Python to create offline or online apps, complex scientific and numeric apps. Also, its data visualization feature helps to create custom big data solutions without putting in any extra effort.
- Python can simultaneously make it easier to perform coding and testing by adopting the TDD(Test Driven Development) approach. You can write the required best before writing code.
Python makes complex structures with easy programming because of its simple syntax and easy scripting facilities. That is why Python is widely used today.
How does Python work?
Python is an interpreted language. Normally, interpreting means transforming one language into another. For computers, an interpreter is used to change the programming language into machine learning. When you write a program in C/C++, you have to compile it, which means translating it into machine code. This machine-level coding is the base form executed by the CPU.
For Python, the Python code is written in a .py file. Then it is compiled into bytecode which is stored in a .pyo format. The bytecode is a low-level set of instructions. These instructions are executed on a platform-independent virtual machine. It converts the codes line to line with the execution of the program. But this sometimes slows the process. This is how Python works.
How Does Node.js work?
After that, the blocking I/O requests are processed. Each blocking request is handled by threads from the thread pool. And then the requests are sent back to the event loop. Here, the responses are sent back to their respective clients. This is the overall view of Node.js work.
The best technology in 2022
Python and Node.js both are powerful options for backend technology. The decision of the best technology relies on two factors: the purpose and the skills of the development team. In another way, it gets very difficult to select the best because both of them offer great advantages. There is no real winner here.
Nowadays,Node.js is ideal for building real-time web apps and gaming apps. And Python is ideal for building server-side data science, business, desktop, and mobile apps. Python even has libraries to support front-end development. So, Python language will be a little bit ahead of Node.js for the best technology in 2022.
Node.js vs. Python: Final Verdict
Node.js vs. Python both are popular for backend development. They are dominating the IT world from the very beginning. And they both keep themselves up to date on the fast changes in the web development process. That is why both Node.js and Python didn’t lose their popularity.
Node.js has a fast V8 engine from Google, a single-threaded, asynchronous nature, multiple platform support, and a lightweight and fast streaming API that has caught the developers’ eye. But if you need a simple programming system with a wide range of libraries and frameworks, Python is the right choice for you.