Are you dealing with a dental problem? Well then making an appointment with your dentist is the most obvious step that you must take. But what to do when you encounter a dental complication in the middle of a night or during holidays?
If you are facing a dental issue after the working hours of dental clinic then you must consider making a visit to afterhours Dentist Canberra clinic like ours. However, you must learn to differentiate between a standard dental complication that can be waited till the morning and an absolute emergency that can jeopardize your health or a tooth loss.
Below we have enumerated some of the important things that you need to consider in order to recognize dental emergencies and what to do in such situations.
How to Recognize if it is a Dental Emergency?
Every dental situation must always be considered to be an emergency. However, in order to determine whether you must visit an after-hours emergency right away or you could wait till the office hours open can be said if you go through the following questions –
– Are you suffering from intolerable pain? If severe pain and bleeding persists then it’s definitely a clear sign of a dental emergency.
– Did you lose a tooth? Making an immediate visit to afterhours dentist service might save a tooth.
– Is your mouth bleeding?
– Do you have a loose tooth? Losing teeth for an adult is not normal and you must visit an ER for immediate diagnosis and treatment.
– Are you having an infection? Swollen face, bleeding, knotted or swollen gums may be the signs of infection.
If you are suffering from any of these situations, you must visit your nearest dental emergency. If you are in the Canberra area then make sure to visit our afterhours dentist Canberra services where we offer expert facilities and treatment to help you out.
Some Frequent Dental Emergencies
People tend to panic or don’t know how exactly to respond to a dental emergency. A few smart steps can really help you ease the pain and treat the problem until you make a visit to an ER. So, here are some common dental emergencies that you may deal with and immediate steps that you must take.
Cracked or Chipped Tooth
Now, a chipped tooth cannot always be considered an emergency. If such a situation arises then make sure to take proper precaution for preventing further chipping of the tooth. Chipped or cracked tooth may be a sign of a fracture and it can indicate an internal dental issue.
Hence, make sure to visit your dentist as soon as possible. However, while you wait till the appointment is made here are some steps that you can take.
– Luke warm water for rinsing
– To reduce swelling, apply a cold compress on cheek
– Prevent from using any painkillers or numbing gel
If you suffered from a knocked-out tooth then make sure to go to an ER immediately. As an early visit can even save your tooth. Here are a few things that you can do for a knocked-out tooth.
– Pick up your tooth carefully by the crown. Prevent touching the root of the tooth
– Rinse it carefully. Avoid scrubbing
– Reinsert it in the socket if possible
– If that doesn’t work then keep the tooth in a glass of milk and visit an ER fast
A dental ER situation can happen without prior warning and you must have an expert afterhours dental clinic in your contact always. Avoiding such situations can cause more trouble and pain, therefore, make sure to visit the best ER clinic for your dental emergencies immediately.